Join us at The Big ICF-GA February 8th VIRTUAL Meeting: Mini Habits: A Small Tool for Big Success featuring James Garrett.
Habits are our brain's go-to tool to tackle almost any goal or task, which is why helping your clients get in the driver’s seat of their habit-making machinery can be a game-changer. You’ll walk away with everything you need to help your clients know to start making measurable change. Just like learning how to play the piano, learning how to form positive habits is a skill set.
Participants will discover:
• Why the key to knocking out habits is building them sequentially, not simultaneously
• How to use proven methods like "habit stacking" and "habit tracking" to make or break any habit
• Why keeping your client motivated is easy with one small tweak
• How motivation often follows action, rather than preceding it
• How making “smallifying” their habits can be the game-changer you and your coaching client have been looking for
1. How to help your clients design, create, and track mini habits in their lives.
2. How to help your clients pre-decide and make plans to work around the fact that willpower is an exhaustible resource that can’t always be relied upon.
3. Learn the underlying brain changes that take place that make habits stick.
Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEU): 1 Core, .5 RD
James Garrett is a brain coach and founder of Brain by Design. He’s spoken on stages ranging from Harvard to TEDx and his work has been featured by The New York Times, FastCompany, and Harvard Business Review. He spent years doing research with some of the best psychologists in the world at Columbia, Tufts, and Yale. He's a content creator and course builder and his course called, “Brain Science for Coaches” has been rated as one of the best courses for coaches and is currently certified by ICF for 30 continuing coach education credits. He's a certified coach through the Whole Fit coaching program. He also built one of the only brain-based positive psychology curricula in the Middle East and trained thousands of Arab youth in partnership with Queen Rania of Jordan. A rare combination of scientist, trainer, and entrepreneur, in 2019 James launched the Deep Change Project, a personal journey to discover what’s possible at the outer edges of neuroplasticity and to overcome fear.
Free - ICF-GA Chapter MembersRSVP Process:
Free - ICF-GA Affiliate Members
$15 - Strategic Partner Rate
$20 - Non-Members and Guests
$5 - Student Chapter Members
Registration is now open. After you complete the registration process, you'll receive an email confirmation from the Wild Apricot system that includes the login instructions for the Zoom webinar.