Join us at The Big ICF-GA April VIRTUAL Meeting: Cultural Competency in Coaching: Grow It, Show It, Share It featuring Milton E Fletcher, PCC & Nicholas Harvey, ACC, PhD.
This interactive workshop has been designed to increase the consciousness of participants about the importance of cultural competency in coaching and allow them through role play engagement and exploration to experience the significance of working with a coach who is attuned to the impact of cultural on the coaching process and is capable of utilizes his/her skills in this area to maximize the coaching of their clients.
Participants in this interactive workshop will encounter a role-play that will:
· Clearly demonstrate the impact of cultural competency in the coaching experience
· Support them to know what are the various cultural norms and values which affect their clients
· Sensitize them to be aware of how they must adjust their coaching approaches to meet their culturally diverse clients where they are
· Increase both their confidence and their ability to provide maximum service to their clients regardless of their cultural background
· Co-create actions which will support them to increase their level of cultural competency in coaching.
1. To increase their ability to establish trust and intimacy with their clients, particularly those whose backgrounds are different from theirs.
2. To increase their ability to identify the values, beliefs, cultural norms, etc. which impact their clients.
3. To more powerfully meet their clients where they are in order to move them forward to the accomplishment of their goals and objectives.
4. Participants will leave with an understanding of the concept of Cultural Competency in Coaching, and gain insights about how to grow in their own understanding and use of this concept.
Continuing Coach Education Units (CCEU): 1.5 Core
Milton E. Fletcher, PCC is an accomplished executive leadership coach noted for his success in coaching a culturally diverse population of leaders in transition to positions of higher significance. He is the co-founder and first president of the ICF Midwest Regional Advisory Council which gave birth to the first ICF Midwest Regional Conference in 2011. Prior to becoming a coach, he was a leader in Global Human Resources with General Motors Corporation.
Nicholas Harvey, ACC, PhD, The Social Impact Coach, is a voice committed to empowering excellence through coaching, corporate consulting, and public speaking. Nicholas is the principal and CEO (Chief Empowerment Officer) of Nicholas Harvey Consulting, an executive coaching and management consulting practice devoted to co-creating empowered individuals and organizations for societal impact and a more just world.
Free - ICF-GA Chapter MembersRSVP Process:
Free - ICF-GA Affiliate Members
$15 - Strategic Partner Rate
$20 - Non-Members and Guests
$5 - Student Chapter Members
Registration is now open. After you complete the registration process, you'll receive an email confirmation from the Wild Apricot system that includes the login instructions for the Zoom webinar.